Service Downtime is any unplanned interruption in Service Availability during which the Client is unable to access the services as described in preceding section, provided the interruption is determined to have been caused by a problem in the immediate Hexica network segment as confirmed by Hexica. Service Downtime is measured as the total length of time in minutes of the unplanned interruption in Service Availability during a calendar month. Hexica is not responsible for any unplanned outages due to third-party software or hardware failure or due to website services, web apps or coding put in place by the client. Hexica is not responsible for service disruptions caused by electronic attacks such as DDoS and ransomware attacks.
Scheduled Service Downtime is any interruption of Hosting Services. Scheduled Service Downtime occurs during a server maintenance window, which occurs in conjunction with a minimum of 24 hour notice to the Client via electronic communication. These scheduled maintenance windows occur out of hours for limited times to ensure software is kept up to date with the latest security patches and hardware is replaced at the end of its predefined life span.
Performance Credit occurs when 99.9% uptime is not met. Hexica will refund the customer 5% of the monthly fee for each 30 minutes of downtime (up to 100% of the customer’s monthly fee). Network downtime is measured by our server monitoring software which checks the availability of services from random points around the globe at 30 second intervals. In order to classify as a Network Outage service disruptions must be recorded from 3 distinct geographical locations.
In the event of Service Downtime in which monthly Service Availability is less than 99.95%, Client will receive a Performance Credit as described above.
This SLA does not cover Service Downtime caused by problems in the following:
- Client’s local area network
- Client-provided Internet connectivity or end-user software
- Entities inside Client’s internal network including, but not limited to, firewall configuration and bandwidth shaping, local area workstations, or other servers, equipment, and software that have a potential bearing on the local networking environment
Service Downtime Exclusions
The following are excluded from the monthly calculation of Service Availability:
- Any utilized Scheduled Service Downtime
- Any problems beyond the immediate Hexica network segment
- Any interruptions, delays or failures caused by Client or Client’s employees, agents, or subcontractors, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Inaccurate configuration
- Non-compliant use of any software installed on the server
- Client initiated server over-utilization
- Any problems related to attacks on the machine such as hacking, bandwidth-based attacks of any nature, and service or operating system exploits